E-MONITORING PORTAL for Teacher Education Institution
- The Quality Council of India (QCI) was established as the national body of accreditation on recommendations of expert missions of the European Union after consultations in the Inter- Ministerial Task Force, the Committee of Secretaries and the Group of Ministers in 1996.
- The council came into existence in 1997 through a Cabinet decision as an autonomous non- profit organisation through seed funding by the Indian government and the Indian industry, represented by three premier industry associations – Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, is the nodal department for quality and the QCI.
- The Chairman of QCI is appointed by the Prime Minister of India.
- To establish and operate a national accreditation structure and promote quality through the National Quality Campaign.
- To function through its own resources through a fee from accreditation and invest in quality promotion.
- To play the role of the National Accreditation Body (NAB) as per the eco-system of quality around the world with the task of creating a mechanism for third-party assessment of products, services and processes.
- To work as an independent organisation away from both government and industry, and function as an independent professional body with its own rules, powers and functions as per the MoA of the society.
- National Accreditation Board for Education & Training (NABET), a constituent board of Quality Council of India, New Delhi.
- NABET has been expanding its scope of services to cater to the needs of the industry. It has established a mechanism of accreditation to various services sector and MSMEs.
- It has a twofold role to play. As an expert body, it is called upon by the Government to provide its services in ensuring quality of skill/vocational sectors (ITI), and of consultants involved in environmental impact assessment.
- It has launched an accreditation programme for quality school governance in the country with a view to providing framework for the effective management and delivery of a holistic education programme.
- NABET is conducting e-monitoring of websites of Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs) across the country and Conducting Assessment and Accreditation (A & A) of diploma programmes in teacher education.